Feature Proposal: Use cases database

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 06:23:35 UTC 2008

Steven Moix wrote:
> The idea is good, but I see it as "yet another layer of administration
> to maintain". Don't you think that websites like
> http://www.fedorafaq.org do most of the things you are asking for?
>
> Maybe we could simply improve the http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-help
> page to point to more resources (by that, I mean language specific
> forums for example) and create a list of the best applications for each
> use case?

Even better than talking about it would be creating the exact package
lists that best enable a variety of use cases and a handy way of telling
yum/packagekit to duplicate them on your machine.  Then anyone else who
needed to do the same thing would have a push-button choice.  The idea
should be that anyone could 'publish' their installed package set and
describe why they think it is best for a particular use, and anyone who
was convinced by their description/reputation, etc. could just clone
that setup.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com