FESCo Meeting Summary for 2008-08-13

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 12:22:16 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 19:14 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
>> * FESCo approved the following feature for F10:
>>       * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ApplianceTools
>
> I just noticed and read this a little closer... and looked a the meeting
> minutes which were... sparse.
>
> This feature involves Fedora actually producing and distributing
> something we've never done before, a tarred image for use in a virtual
> machine.  That's not your typical "spin" which is an iso format to be
> consumed by booting it on hardware, real or fake.  Was any thought or
> discussion at all put into the implications of this?  Was releng
> consulted about our ability to produce/test this during development
> cycles, particularly Beta?  Do we have any thought as to how this would
> be advertised to users, and any documentation about how to use it as
> well?

I can not speak to all the questions, but I know that Josh Broyler was
there during the meeting but to be fair we did not discuss that it was a
different type of spin. We would be happy to provide the documentaion
around how to use it. The tooling which would be used (based on
livecd-tools) went through a round of testing the last fedora test day.

> Could FESCo maybe take another gander at this feature page and comment
> on some of the above issues?
I will plan on being online for the FESCO meeting to discuss as necessary.

-- bk