Has any action on automatic submission of bugzillas been done for any Fedora Products?

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 13:44:18 UTC 2008

>>> Can we avoid the requirement of a prexisting account?
>>
>> No, there is no XMLRPC call to create a new account (except for admins).
>
> Create an account for the purpose ("Fedora 10 Automatic Bug Report")
> and pre-load the fields, including password.  Ask in the instructions
> that anyone with their own account, please override the default.
> Having a "public password" probably requires administrative approval
> in advance.

I avoided going down this route in the interests of getting the feature
done sometime this year.  By just requiring that people use their
existing accounts, I was free to get the feature written and committing
without needing to deal with all sorts of policies and concerns over
public passwords and all that stuff.

- Chris