recover from broken yum transaction

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 11 07:53:02 UTC 2008

Trying rpm -Va, I am getting lots of these lines

S.?.....    /usr/bin/kblankscrn.kss
S.?.....    /usr/bin/kcminit
S.?.....    /usr/bin/kcminit_startup

Basically, the size has changed, and the md5 check cannot be performed ?! I
understand this is due to "prelink", but that sux ! This effectively kills
the rpm -V functionality. Is it not possible to prelink binaries on the
server before wrapping them into rpms ? Any suggested solution around this ?