make chain-build doesn't work as advertised

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Sep 11 12:56:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 08:18:24PM +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

> And in cases where you're using colons, you almost certainly want a
> colon at the end too:
>
> $ make chain-build CHAIN='libdap bes : gdal : libnc-dap dap-server : dap-hdf4_handler : dap-netcdf_handler :'

this went better this time. But I think I still got it wrong, because I
put the colon between members of the same groups while the right thing
seems to be the opposite. I think I should have done

make chain-build CHAIN='libdap bes gdal : dap-server dap-hdf4_handler dap-netcdf_handler'

Would that have lead to parallel build of "libdap bes gdal" and then the
parallel build of
"dap-server dap-hdf4_handler dap-netcdf_handler dap-freeform_handler"
(which is what I wanted to achieve...)?

--
Pat