Pulseaudio : lots of issues, how can I help?

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 03:06:01 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> wrote:
>>
>> But, I still launch 24 consoles when I boot, because I actually use most
>> of them in very specific ways. About 6 of these 24 run screen with 9
>> separate terminal windows defined by ~/.screenrc. I don't see gnome
>> terminal replacing that anytime soon.
>
> It has tabs, and you can script it; I don't see what wouldn't work
> with your setup.
>
> --

I just updated from an Intel Celeron D 2.8Ghz 533Mhz FSB to an Intel
P4 3.0Hz 800Mhz FSB, which in turned allowed my memory to operate at
400Mhz instead of 333MHz.

One of the noticeable improvements is that I can use Firefox +
Pulseaudio + Amarok. Previously, at 4 or 5 tabs, scrolling, or similar
activity in Firefox would somehow bring about Pulseaudio's demise. Top
reports Pulse audio between 30% and 55% CPU usage.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )