Proposal: Better force-tag

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sun Sep 14 17:35:24 UTC 2008

On Sunday 14 September 2008 12:37:59 Warren Togami wrote:
> The goal of preventing force-tag is to better guarantee that .src.rpm
> comtents match tags.

Is this really a problem in practice? I honestly do not care what is or has
been in cvs between actual releases. The srpm has all the files that are part
of a build. I never use cvs to research a problem.

> We can achieve this by having force-tag fail if the buildsystem says that
> E:N-V-R was either already built or is currently building.

Or by embedding a sources file in the srpm that cross references all cvs
versions of all files used in the build attempt. Doing it this way wouldn't
have required disrupting the workflow.

-Steve