non-responsive maintainer 'misa': mx and pyOpenSSL packages up for adoption

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Sep 15 03:37:02 UTC 2008

I would like to request a short-circuit of the Non-responsive
Maintainer process, for Mihai Ibanescu, FAS account 'misa', formerly a
Red Hat employee.

misa owns two packages, mx and pyOpenSSL.  mx has not been touched by
misa since March 2005, and pyOpenSSL since November 2005; only the
slightest maintenance has been performed on them since this time by
rel-eng members to enable them to keep building.  mx has a FTBFS bug
against it (#434325), and is overdue for a major version update from
2.0.6 -> 3.1.1.  Both packages are closed to commits from the
'packager' group.

mx has a long list of packages which depend on it, noted below, so I
don't want to see it removed from the distribution.

I have a patch to fix the mx FTBFS bug which I will apply as soon as
permissions in pkgdb allow, but would like to see these orphaned and
put up for adoption by a loving packager.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux

mx-2.0.6-3.x86_64
MySQL-python-1.2.2-7.fc10.x86_64
bibus-1.4.3-1.fc10.x86_64
gnue-common-0.6.9-4.fc10.noarch
poker-server-1.6.0-1.fc10.noarch
pyicq-t-mysql-0.8-6.b.fc10.noarch
python-biopython-1.47-1.fc10.x86_64
python-sqlobject-0.10.2-1.fc10.noarch
TurboGears-1.0.4.4-3.fc10.noarch
bodhi-server-0.5.0-7.fc9.noarch
ipa-server-1.1.0-4.fc9.x86_64
ipa-server-selinux-1.1.0-4.fc9.x86_64
ipa-server-1.1.0-4.fc9.x86_64
python-TurboMail-2.1-3.fc9.noarch
bodhi-server-0.5.0-7.fc9.noarch
python-tgcaptcha-0.11-3.fc10.noarch
bodhi-server-0.5.0-7.fc9.noarch
python-turboflot-0.1.1-1.fc10.noarch
bodhi-server-0.5.0-7.fc9.noarch
smolt-server-1.1.1.1-6.fc10.noarch
smolt-server-1.1.1.1-6.fc10.noarch
python-storm-mysql-0.13-2.fc10.x86_64
python-storm-0.13-2.fc10.x86_64
python-storm-mysql-0.13-2.fc10.x86_64
python-storm-postgresql-0.13-2.fc10.x86_64
python-storm-0.13-2.fc10.x86_64
python-storm-sqlite-0.13-2.fc10.x86_64
python-storm-0.13-2.fc10.x86_64
gnue-common-0.6.9-4.fc10.noarch
postgresql-python-8.3.3-3.fc10.x86_64
koji-hub-1.2.6-1.fc10.noarch
koji-utils-1.2.6-1.fc10.noarch
koji-web-1.2.6-1.fc10.noarch
python-sqlobject-0.10.2-1.fc10.noarch
tinyerp-server-4.2.2-4.fc10.noarch
python-biopython-1.47-1.fc10.x86_64
python-logilab-common-0.32.0-1.fc10.noarch
python-logilab-astng-0.17.2-1.fc9.noarch
pylint-0.14.0-1.fc9.noarch
pylint-gui-0.14.0-1.fc9.noarch
python-psycopg-1.1.21-8.fc10.x86_64
python-biopython-1.47-1.fc10.x86_64