Boot speedup with readahead

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon Sep 15 12:51:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 07:12 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
>
>> No.  If even 1/10 of the energy that goes into all these alternate
>> frontends went into fixing yum, we would have one better frontend
>> instead of multiples with different sets of bugs.
>>

> Really? Then 1/10th of the energy? I'm intrigued to hear what you
> believe is broken with yum, now. Better yet, I'm interested to see what
> bugs you've filed.

I personally don't have any real issues.  About the only thing that
annoys me is that it prompts "Y/n" for installing single packages, but
I've just gotten in the habit of using -y.  Apparently other people do
have issues, but I don't know much about it.

I think you perceived my message as being negative towards yum - it
was not intended to be so, quite the opposite.  When I said "fixing
yum" I meant that in the general way of "all software has flaws and
can be improved".