Version of Postfix in Fedora not kept up to date

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Mon Sep 15 14:41:27 UTC 2008

kvantanet at seznam.cz wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Why is always Postfix a couple of versions behind?
> The latest version of Postfix is now 2.5.5 and F10 includes only 2.5.1. (Released 2008-02-17)
> Other distros like Debian always updates this package. Fedora never updates this package after release.
> Does this mean the we don't need to address the issues corrected in new versions of Postfix?

Have you logged an RFE in bugzilla against postfix for this? It's the
most effective way of getting the attention of the appropriate maintainers.

It does tend to get updated infrequently, but Postfix's stable branch
doesn't see a lot of releases :)

Michael
(Postfix user, mostly rolling my own packages for it though :-))