standby and cd discovery

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 11:21:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 13:08 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I assume this is a bug (or a _really_ annoying feature):
>
> Whenever I put my thinkpad to sleep (standby), with a cd in the drive
> and resume, that cd pops up as a folder as if I inserted it.
> Thats annoying. After the third standby/resume cycle I _know_ whats on
> that disc!
> Does anyone know if this is _really_ a bug or how to fix it (if its
> fixable it should propably be fixed in the release version)?

I would say this is a bug. Suspending a machine should just "pause" the
system and the behaviour afterwards should be the same as if you hadn't
suspended the machine at all.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty