change isdn4k-utils to optional

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 04:29:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 23:39 +0200, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:22:37PM +0200, Benny Amorsen wrote:
>
> > I am not surprised that you have analogue dialup customers. I am very
> > surprised that ISDN dialup still exists. ISDN BRI must have been a
> > massive success in Germany compared to pretty much anywhere else.
>
> I'm surprised that people make so many assumptions about other countries.
> And till I do not understand why it is so unbelievable that there are
> still ISDN dialups.

I think it's mainly "OMG HTF can you use teh intarwebs @ 128kbps"?  56k
dialup is just unbelievably horrible for anything other than POP email
these days, and ISDN is not much faster...  These days with ADSL pushing
30,000ft (about 9km) at more than two or three times ISDN speeds,
there's not much of a point in ISDN.

Dan