system-autodeath

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 07:56:53 UTC 2008

> If you are using it,
> modesetting is probably not the thing that would be bothering you
> much.
> However Richard Hughes or David Airlie can probably give you more
> details on that.

2D nouveau works great on all the laptops I can throw at it. It does
support xrandr really well, but doesn't support kernel modesetting yet,
although Maarten Maathuis is working on it very quickly.

Don't even try 3D yet. It does work, but only if the moon is waxing, and
your pet cat is called Oliver.

Richard.