MinGW

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 21:07:28 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I belive (and I stated as much in the FESCo meeting where we talked about
> this briefly), that the crux of the issue with your proposal is the "needs
> to build natively" item.  That is the issue FESCo needs to further consider,
> along with the packaging guidelines that the MinGW SIG is drafting.

I fully accept that this issue needs thought. And your right, this
cross compiling stuff is different. I'm fully aware that I'm muddying
the waters with analogies to 2ndary arches. But its the only
comparison my pea-sized brain is capable of finding and holding on to
to as a reference point as we pilot this steam boat up river into
unknown waters. Toshio asked for an explanation of my thinking...i've
given it. If the reasoning doesn't make sense to anyone else,
continuing to ask me to re-explain my thinking is probably not going
to particularly fruitful...until we find an interpreter who is fluent
in Jef-speak.

-jef