Heads up: packages with Patch:/%patch0 or Patch0:/%patch issues in Rawhide

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Sep 21 09:59:27 UTC 2008

On Saturday 06 September 2008, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's a number of packages that have problems with the new rpm's behavior
> of not applying Patch0: with plain %patch or not applying Patch: with
> %patch0.
>
> I just discovered that for some reason, the rpmbuild process does not
> terminate because of this error, so unless people read their build logs
> carefully, some patches may go unapplied.
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/461347
>
> Below is a list of packages that most likely need packager action.  One way
> to fix them is to convert all unnumbered Patch: lines to Patch0: and all
> unnumbered %patch lines to %patch0 or %patch -P 0.

Status update: some packages were already fixed, of the remaining ones I've
fixed what ACLs allowed me to in CVS, but NOT tagged or built anything, and
filed bugs with patches for the rest.

List of packages built and tagged for F-10 with a patch missing due to the
above follows.  This was done with quick manual inspection of build logs so
it's possible that I missed something.  At least for these it should be
reviewed how bad it would be to ship a build with the affected patch missing
in F-10, and fixed + built if needed (+ rel-eng contacted to get it to F-10
at this point I believe):

- alsa-oss
- extrema
- freetennis (CVS ACLs prevented commit, bug with patch filed)
- libnetfilter_conntrack
- libnetfilter_queue (CVS ACLs prevented commit, bug with patch filed)
- libnfnetlink
- speech-dispatcher

Apparently no builds done with the buggy rpm, FTBFS fix commit prevented by
CVS ACL, bug with patch filed instead:

- bontmia
- cjet
- classpathx-jaf
- dwdiff
- lvm2
- pbm2l7k
- plexus-runtime-builder
- sundials
- sysstat
- time
- weechat
- xournal

Apparently no builds done with the buggy rpm, FTBFS fix committed to CVS:

- abe
- bit
- conexus
- cpan2rpm