How important is comps.xml to us these days? Which packages should be in comps.xml and which not?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Sep 21 12:25:02 UTC 2008

On 20.09.2008 22:00, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram <sundaram <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
>> PackageKit does use it via the yum backend.

One more reason for us then to make sure everything a user might want to
select is in comps.xml, isn't it?

>> http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2008/09/19/packagekit-collections/
> Note that this is only from 0.3.3 on.

/me looks at rawhide and finds 0.3.2

/me grabs 0.3.3 straight from koji

/me fails to get it to work on F9 (likely my faul) :-/

Hmm. From the screenshot it's hard to see if gpk-application exports the
package groups from comps.xml similar to how pirut/anaconda do. But
seems to be different, which would be a important detail for the
decision how to maintain the comps.xml in Fedora...

 > [...]

Cu
knurd