How important is comps.xml to us these days? Which packages should be in comps.xml and which not?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 08:21:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 10:17 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Sorry, got carried over. I apologise for the abrasiveness.

Cool, thanks.

> Still, any decision concerning the way we install or update the distro
> is releng territory IMHO, and I'm distressed that Jesse didn't seem to
> be in the loop at all.

Sure, possibly my fault too -- I always ask people to join the mailing
list and jump in on pretty much any discussion -- but maybe I need to
actively _invite_ more people.

> (I could live with PK people disagreeing with me. That's ok, I
> disagree with lots of people)

Disagreement is good. People get angry because they care about the
outcome, and that's a totally positive thing.

Richard.