Plan for tomorrows (20080924) FESCO meeting

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 16:38:51 UTC 2008

Brian Pepple said the following on 09/23/2008 09:17 AM Pacific Time:
> Hi,
>
> Please find below the list of topics that are likely to come up in the
> next FESCo meeting that is scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday at 18:00
> UTC in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org:
>
> /topic FESCo-Meeting -- F10 Schedule slip -
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-September/msg01938.html - all
>
> /topic FESCo-Meeting -- MinGW - all
>
> /topic FESCo meeting -- Free discussion around Fedora
>
> You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply to
> this mail and I'll add it to the schedule.  You can also propose topics
> in the meeting while it is in the "Free discussion around Fedora" phase.
>
> Later,
> /B

FESCo should consider items #1 and #2 below.

Copying liberally from:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/10/FeatureList

(1) Unfinished features (no response from page owner)--consider for
dropping [1]:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EFI
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GoodHaskellSupport

(2) Unfinished features which should be evaluated as to whether they
should remain on the F10 list.  I cannot tell from the status summary
whether they are in a "testable" state or complete enough for Beta [1]:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/HDTVEnhancements
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KernelModesetting
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Sugar
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/LXDE

(3) Unfinished features which appear to be "testable" for beta:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/BetterStartup
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/BetterWebcamSupport
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EchoIconTheme
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GNOME2_24