Tried Pulse Audio Again--No Good For A11y

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Sep 24 12:33:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, 23.09.08 22:28, Les Mikesell (lesmikesell at gmail.com) wrote:

>> And again, that's the way *I* think it makes the most sense.
>
> If you haven't, give freenx/NX a try, floating your running session among
> displays at work, perhaps a wireless laptop, and pick them up from  home
> with everything still running.  And try it with several people sharing a
> machine.  You might get used to the concept that your devices are really
> not that closely coupled. Or perhaps at least that your session isn't tied
> to the local console.  X never intended it to be, but before freenx it
> wasn't that great remotely.

If you use a terminal client, then audio should be forwarded to
it. Audio should always be sent to the same machine that shows you the
video. Audio is part of the workplace, not the server. From the
terminal client to the terminal server we send keyboard, mouse, audio
recording. From the terminal server to the terminal client we send
audio playback and screen contents.

Lennart