please deactivate services by default!

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 24 23:54:01 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 18:30 -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Ok, so you still broke cron? I use cron for backups. I care about
>> getting that output delivered. For similar people not reading this list,
>> how are you going to ensure that their jobs still run and their output
>> still gets delivered like they're used to?
>
> Which is why we shouldn't be using local delivery for this stuff.
> Instead we should ask in firstboot where you'd want the mail delivered
> to.

Ok, that's acceptable just as long as "local delivery" is still a choice
and ensures that sendmail gets installed. And as long as upgrading
doesn't break systems where this currently works. (And as long as cron
can still deliver notifications... for which we still need a mail daemon.)

Otherwise... well, I can paint some horror scenarios if you really want
me to ;-).

--
Matthew
I was recently amused by issuing 'rm -rf $KDEDIR'... from Konsole, while