please deactivate services by default!

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 25 20:15:35 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Sure, but...
>
> - If you're just installing a single-user desktop, there's not really
>   a usage case for a local mail delivery agent

Let's see, there's logwatch, smartctl, cron, *my nightly backups*... :-)
(Oh, and apcupsd for some users.)

I mean, it's not like there's not really a use case for syslogd on a
single-user desktop either, right? ;-)

(I'm actually serious. If you're going to break cron and logwatch, why
keep syslogd around? I'd love to see a reasonable argument for keeping
one and not the other.)

--
Matthew
"You know what Microsoft's problem really is? They've lost the ability