rawhide report: 20080925 changes

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Fri Sep 26 07:10:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 10:27 +0000, Rawhide Report wrote:
> Updated Packages:
>
> anaconda-11.4.1.40-1
> --------------------
> * Wed Sep 24 18:00:00 2008 David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com> - 11.4.1.40-1
> - Fix network interface bring up in text mode (#463861, #462592) (dcantrell)
> - Bring back isys.resetResolv() and fix NetworkManager polling in
>   network.py. (dcantrell)
> - Poll 'State' property from NetworkManager in network.bringUp() (dcantrell)
> - Log error in rescue mode is network.bringUp() fails. (dcantrell)
> - Set the first network device in the list to active. (dcantrell)
> - Get rid of firstnetdevice in Network (dcantrell)
> - Do not write /lib/udev.d rules if instPath is '' (dcantrell)
> - Fix problems with bringDeviceUp() calls (#463512) (dcantrell)

Finally was able to do an install and configure the network, sort of.  I
tried to configure it manually  but the config screen kept coming back
up and wouldn't accept it or something (never saw an error).  But, was
able to do it via dhcp and worked like a champ.

I was able to configure the network manually post install though, via
NetworkManager.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org