unfrozen repo somewhere?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Sep 27 06:28:08 UTC 2008

On 26.09.2008 23:55, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 23:32 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
>> Thorsten already answered, but I think this is a fundamental error to
>> think that a wiki means that everybody should change everywhere. It is
>> very important that people restrict themselves to their areas of
>> expertise. That being said, community members can help with the wiki
>> ioutside of their area of expertise, but only under the guidance of
>> somebody who knows.

+1

> The "community" (aren't we all community?) doesn't have to edit it.
> However if they notice that it's wrong, they could bring it to the
> attention of the group who "owns" those pages.

Hmmm. After reading this para and the stuff you wrote in
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-September/msg02494.html
(¹) I more and more get the impression you assume I was aware of the
problem in question (email to rel-eng at fedoraproject.org mentioned on
several wiki pages) for quite a long while already.

That's not the case. I saw the mail from jwb and then just used google
(search term: "rel-eng at fedoraproject.org site:fedoraproject.org") and
found important pages that were misleading. I then immediately mailed
the list. Yes, the first mail I send was a bit unobvious (jwb got the
message :-) ), but that's why I wrote another one as reply to myself
immediately after sending the first one ;-)

Cu
knurd

(¹) I didn't really understand that mail in this context; I thought it
was not worth discussing this further as it wouldn't lead to anything
productive, hence I didn't reply.

And note, of course I agree that making other people or groups aware of
a problem when you spot one is the best for everyone. Most people should
know that I do that and/or fix things myself immediately as long as that
makes sense (didn#t make sense here)

P.S.: I hope this sub-thread can now die... It seems just another proof
  for the statement "sometimes discussing things on mailing lists simply
doesn't work"