unfrozen repo somewhere?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 20:56:22 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 14:18 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> You could probably pick up a whole lot more beta testers at a moment's
>> notice if you'd roll a VMware image that anyone could download and run
>> under most existing OS's.  It wouldn't test all the hardware drivers but
>> the apps, filesystems, etc. would all run the same.
>
> And why can't you do this with the live images?

Don't you have (a) burn a CD, and (b) _stop_ running your current
OS/apps to boot a live image, plus not being able to update them and
save files conveniently?  All of those are good reasons not to bother.
And will the live image even run on an Intel Mac?

I suppose you could run a CD live image inside of a bare VMware instance
but you'd take a double hit or worse on performance plus wasting the
time and plastic to burn the image.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com