Please recompile GStreamer codecs -- AKA: how to make things just work with PackageKit

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:31:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis
<fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> On 30.09.2008 12:52, Richard Hughes wrote:
>>
>> I've been playing with the new code in PackageKit for codec installing
>> with external repos. It was a little disappointed to find some external
>> repos have not recompiled packages with a new gstreamer-devel and rpm.
>
> Be sure to not check repos that will be EOL real soon now, as a few package
> maintainers already stopped updating their packages there; look at the
> successor repos. Instruction how to use those repos easily were just posted
> yesterday:

Ahh, thanks. I'll try those now. In some places he repo files mention:
download.rpmfusion.org --
shouldn't that be download1.rpmfusion.org?

Also, http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/x86_64/debug/repodata/repomd.xml
doesn't seem to exist.

Richard.