F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Wed Apr 1 13:10:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 5:34 AM, Bill Crawford
<billcrawford1970 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 March 2009 22:52:35 Robert Marcano wrote:
>
>> 1cm is enough to make a mistake
>
> Yup. Just last year I accidentally type "crontab -r" instead of "-e" ...
>
> Perhaps all destructive commands should be removed ;o)

It is amazing how people is able to say anything to win an argument (I
count myself too :-P), when you typed the letter "r" did it executed
immediately without giving you time to read and press enter?, I am
pretty sure the answer is no. Control+alt+bs does not gives anyone
time to fix the mistake, maybe if the X servers were able to check if
you pressed that key combination for 4 seconds (like the power buttons
case already mentioned) I could be against the zap option
deactivation, but that is not the case

--
Robert Marcano