python-2.6 and python-3.x

Jochen Schmitt Jochen at herr-schmitt.de
Thu Apr 2 17:46:29 UTC 2009

Toshio Kuratomi schrieb:
> I don't have a solution for this yet.  Just throwing this out there as
> something we need to consider as we start to port code to python-2.6
> +py3 compat.

I thnk there is an additional issue we have. On Fedora we have several
packages
which use the C-API of python to extent the python environment. One example
it blender which contains python scripts which need a python extension
provided
by blender.

I think porting this kind of application may nned a lot of work to
porting to
Python 3000. So I thin wee need a python-2.6 compat package for a while
until
all applications will been ported.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt