How to best deal with bundled libraries

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 07:15:54 UTC 2009

On 2009-04-06, 02:37 GMT, David Nalley wrote:
> 1. Patch source to point to the library installed on the system
> rather
> than the bundled
> OR
> 2. symlink from the bundled location to the system library.

Ask Java folks ... some applications have even Sun JRE included
in the release tarball (ehm, Openfire ;-)) but IIRC (and I am not
a Java maintainer), the option no. 1 is The Right One.

Thinking about it, it looks to me like you are de facto replacing
Requires interface between packages with symlink, which seems to
me like a bad proposition.

Matěj