Looking for reviews swaps

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 21:14:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 15:40:50 +0200, Ralf wrote:

> OK, provided what you say, I am sure Red Hat or you will pay the lawyers
> of those people who plan to
> - take these *.oggs and release them through a music d/l site.
> - take these *.oggs and re-mix them for use in other SW-applications.
> - take these *.oggs and re-use them in completely different application
> domains.

Consult "Fedora Legal" if you think these games packages ought to be
banned:  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal

I'm not in the position to decide whether something, which has been
considered free enough for Fedora, may lead someone external into ignoring
the licence terms which must be included within the packages and within
the original source archives. The same person might also fetch the
archives from the original publisher's site or SCUMM's site or a "magazine
coverdisk" and do something with it that would be considered a violation
of the licence terms (which do not even comment on the music files
specifically, but just "the game").

> >> Any content is also "source"-code at the same time.  It's a matter of
> >> use-case. It's essentially the same thing as fonts, images etc. In this
> >> case it's "audio artworks."
> >
> > Note that game data uses the same licence text.
>
> Same problem: You may not re-use these sources as input for other
> games/game engines (unless the original SCUMM packages are also
> installed) => non-free.

Which of the terms says this?