Fedora, Portable Edition?

King InuYasha ngompa13 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 00:43:13 UTC 2009

Hey, I just saw this new project out there called Portable Ubuntu (
http://portableubuntu.sourceforge.net/).
Perhaps we could bring something like that to Fedora? We seem to be
incorporating more interoperability features lately, and I think this would
bring us quite a bit closer to that. Also it lets people try out Fedora
without rebooting or using a costly virtual machine. Even better, this
brings in the ability to run native Linux binaries on Windows because it is
running under the Linux kernel process. Interestingly enough, this could
also result in being able to do stuff like side by side testing of Wine vs
Windows of the same program.