Looking for reviews swaps

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 7 15:01:37 UTC 2009

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le Mar 7 avril 2009 16:44, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
>
>> What about the "source" of fonts?
>
> We do insist on using font "sources" whenever upstream declares it
> does its editing against a non-final font format

Yes but in many cases, the websites are in some language we don't
understand and very few authors declare the process of producing the
font and we just assume, there is no source equivalent and ship the font
as it is. If we start insisting on source on every occasion, the number
of fonts we can include is drastically lower today. We are always trying
to strike a balance in between our desire to include source and the
practical limitations of doing so. Earlier fonts were part of an
exception and we included proprietary fonts as well. We can keep pushing
that line over time but is not absurd to say, there is always going to
be some exceptions.

Rahul