My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Apr 7 22:16:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

> If you use the System -> Preferences -> Display tool to set up your dual
> head mode, every time you log in and those monitors are present your
> settings will be used at log in time, no need to save it to an xorg
> file.

Display tool would only list one monitor.

The window manager problems seem to be related to "desktop effects" being
set but failing when I added a video card. Manually starting metacity in
a new X session before losing focus on my terminal , and then going through
the menus to disable desktop effects seemed to work.

Now the only problem is that most apps only startup in Screen0, and I cannot
drag anything from Screen0 to Screen1.

Paul