yum downloading packages change

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Tue Apr 7 23:44:03 UTC 2009

> On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 18:30 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > Now it seems, that it shows each package being downloaded (as in I guess
> > it's copying over the package from wherever to local dir (a cached temp
> > dir or something?)) and then installing?  Even if that is what is going
> > on, it still seems like a much longer process then before.
> >
> > Just seeing what is going on or reporting a problem if it is? Hope I am
> > explaining that correctly LOL
>
> The behavior change was an attempt to fix a different bug.  This change
> is being reverted and a different attempt is being made at fixing the
> original bug.

And I see the change has already taken place, as of right now am doing
an update and notice it's back to how it was (or close anyway).

LOL guess if I had done and update before that email I would had
answered my own question.

Thanks Jesse.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org