Open source Cg compiler?

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Apr 8 07:57:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 17:45 -0500, King InuYasha wrote:

> True, but if there are people interested in it, perhaps some
> "profiles" could be made for use with cgc and packaged rather than
> relying on the toolkit since I doubt nVIDIA would release the profiles
> as open source. It does already contain a generic profile but without
> any code generation. My other guess is that this could be used to
> figure out how to implement a Cg compiler front end into LLVM. But,
> what do I know? I have no real knowledge of programming.

... Or spend your time and energy on something useful like implementing
GLSL instead.

... And actually it appears Cg has become a meta compiler for HLSL
(DirectX) and GLSL, so Cg is completely useless to us until we have
working GLSL in our open source drivers anyway. (Not to mention we need
working OpenGL period...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cg_(programming_language)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLSL