My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

psmith johnsmithdoe14 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:06:54 UTC 2009

Casey Dahlin wrote:
> psmith wrote:
>
>> the vote was taken in secret by the xorg folks a while ago, real
>> community spirit in action!
>>
>> phil
>>

> So we can either write a new graphics server or let them get away with it. Would /you/ like to write a knew graphics server?
>
> The term is meritocracy, not democracy. Someone's mistakes are going to show up in the product no matter what. It tends to work out for the best if its the mistakes of people who usually know what they're doing.
>
> --CJD

but why the need for a *secret *vote? why not do it in the open so all
of the x users can go look at the logs and at least see their reasoning
behind this change that effects every x user?

better still the fedora 'community' can revert the upstream change, it
has been done plenty of times before and i don't see why this should be
different?

as for writing a new gfx server, well no but i will compile x with the
standard behaviour set regardless

phil