rawhide report: 20090408 changes

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 16:49:13 UTC 2009

2009/4/8 Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com>

> 0:1.0.5000.0

> 0:1.0.5000.0

> >> But first of all, such change (i.e. disabling ppc support on mono
> package)
> >> must not be done at this stage where F-11 final freeze comes very soon
> >> (4/14).
> >> If it cannot be done to fix the latest mono package to support ppc
> again,
> >> the lastest mono package must be untagged.
> >
> > There has been a number of discussions about this on fedora-devel over
> > the last week or so, check the archives for details.
> >

> What I don't understand is, shouldn't such a change that affects
> dozens of packages go through FESCo? If it did, why did we not see an
> announcement with BIG CAPITAL LETTERS with cream on top?

Not a FESco decision by a mile, it is a bug... patches welcome as always.
You also were warned on -devel, several times in fact that we had this
problem. _Nobody_ with ppc skills volunteered to help actually fix the
problem so now it's disabled till the ppc arch team helps out with a
solution. Nobody on the Mono SIG has the hardware to test this nor the in
depth knowledge about the architecture to fix it. It has been reported to
upstream as well so hopefully we will see this situation mended soon.

- David