future f12 test days

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 17:24:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 10:36 +0100, Chris Eveleigh wrote:

> > Or, of course - to take the standard Fedora developer tack - you could
> > do it yourself, and send the patches. :)
>
> i'm +1 on automated testing wherever possible.  is there an existing
> project/SIG dedicated to coordinating community effort to create those
> patches?  i'm imagining something that would end up being a set of
> distro- (and possibly OS-) independent tools and procedures.

There's an autoqa project (which is mostly Will Woods' and Jesse
Keating's baby), but that's more about running tests on the sanity and
integrity of the Rawhide and anaconda trees. There's also a few other
projects which may eventually turn into something like this (or at least
lay the groundwork for it), but we're not there yet.

Look, right now we're still writing test cases as a Wiki template and
dumping results into a hastily improvised Wiki table: baby steps, guys,
baby steps :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey