My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Matthew Garrett mjg at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 06:43:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 09:28:28PM +0100, psmith wrote:
> Matthew Garrett wrote:
> >Or "The people who do the work get to make the decisions".
> >

> but the devs are the people who do the work, and if the majority of
> those devs voted no, why did the change go through?. this is getting
> more and more unbelievable as more facts come out

There was no vote amongst developers. A decision was made and there was
no significant dissent amongst the developer body. Like most upstream
projects, decisions about X result from gaining rough consensus amongst
the relevant people. User viewpoints will be considered as part of this,
but there's no concept of "This many people complained on the mailing
list, therefore we are forbidden from carrying out this change".

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org