review request for libpst

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Apr 9 09:06:57 UTC 2009

Michael Schwendt wrote, at 04/09/2009 05:34 PM +9:00:
> Just a look at the spec:
>
> On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 20:30:25 -0700, Carl wrote:
>
>> <http://www.five-ten-sg.com/libpst/packages/libpst.spec> and
>> <http://www.five-ten-sg.com/libpst/packages/libpst-0.6.35-1.src.rpm>.
>
> Requires:           %{name}-libs = %{version}-%{release}
>
> In the main utilities package, is this explicit dependency on the
> library package really needed?
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Requires

I have not checked this spec file in detail. however:

When I review packages I always request submitters to write
exact EVR specific dependency between packages rebuilt from the
same srpm and I think this is general for Fedora packages.
ref:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#RequiringBasePackage

Regards,
Mamoru