Plan for todays (20090410) FESCo meeting

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Apr 10 15:04:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:06:53AM -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> Sorry for the late announcement......the old features are ones that
> were approved for F11, but didn't make feature freeze so we're
> considering them for F12 at this time.
>
> If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to
> this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco,
> e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during
> the open floor.

FESCo could 'vote' on the current
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Provenpackager_policy
which was modified based on existing content and discussions on various
mailing lists.

There are corresponding changes in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Who_is_allowed_to_modify_which_packages
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_sponsor_a_new_contributor#Sponsoring_provenpackagers
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group#Provenpackagers

There were also changes in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_sponsor_responsibilities

The overall states of policies in the wiki should certainly be enhanced,
currently there is no way to know which page in
'Pages in category "Package Maintainers"' correspond with official
policies.

For instance, is
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainer_responsibilities
an official policy?

It isn't linked from
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainer_policy
(like proven packagers policy and sponsor responsibilities).

And, maybe
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainer_policy
could be more visible in the
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers
front page.

Last it is still unclear to me who is responsible for the policy pages
FESCo or the community? Since there are open acl, it means the
community, but maybe FESCo should delegate somebody who gets a notice
for every page change corresponding with th epolicies, to verify that
they are not altered, and that things voted by FESCo are put in the
pages.

--
Pat