Anjuta & gnome-build file conflicts: need some help

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 17:31:35 UTC 2009

Here is the bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/495200

After gnome-build got merged into Anjuta, I had added the following to
anjuta.spec:
Obsoletes:      gnome-build <= 2.24.1-1
Provides:       perl(GBF::Make) = %{version}-%{release}

It was not entirely clear to me from the guidelines [1] whether to add
a 'Provides: gnome-build = %{version}-%{release}' or not. It seems
like adding it is not making much of a difference if I have an old F10
gnome-build package lying around and I am trying to install a F11
anjuta package.

I am sure my knowledge of Obsoletes and Provides is not really upto
the mark here, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Debarshi

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Renaming.2Freplacing_existing_packages
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.