Any plans to upgrade radeonhd to 1.2.5 (DRI enabled) for Fedora 11?

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Mon Apr 13 04:06:00 UTC 2009

On Apr 12, 2009, at 7:38 PM, Dave Airlie wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 20:52 -0700, Otto Rey wrote:
>> I know that maybe it's to late, but: any plans to upgrade radeonhd
>> to 1.2.5 (latest upstream release, DRI enabled) for Fedora 11?
>>

> I'd prefer people didn't run radeonhd if at all possible, unless you
> need HDMI audio there is no reason to run it, and you are diluting the
> testing base for Fedora by not running the shipping radeon driver.

Really? Why? I thought the radeonhd was to replace radeon eventually?
Built off the released specs from AMD/ATI, whereas the radeon driver
was a reverse engineered driver without docs? Am I on crack? After
seeing this and thinking I was using radeonhd I looked at my x log
messages which show RADEON(x), so I guess I'm using that now anyway,
but a bit confused...