My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 04:30:43 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Tom "spot" Callaway
<tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 04/12/2009 09:37 PM, Dariusz J. Garbowski wrote:
>> On 04/08/2009 01:12 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> - we never know how many people agree or disgree but don't reply
>>
>> I didn't want to reply but... what the heck -- I care and would prefer
>> to have Ctrl+Alt+BkSp back.
>
> http://who-t.blogspot.com/2009/04/zapping-server.html
>
> In Fedora 11, you'll be able to turn it on just like any other keyboard
> hotkey combination.

We live on a ship of fools.

An excerpt from the Fedora foundations page:

Like any friends, we occasionally disagree on details, but we believe
in finding an acceptable consensus to serve the interests of advancing
free software. We believe in a strong partnership between Red Hat and
our enormous volunteer community, since they both provide essential
contributions that help the Fedora Project succeed.

Why is this principle being ignored with the ctrl-alt-bksp issue?

I think it would be better to have a hotkey combination to turn it
*off* and just leave it enabled by default as it has been and as it
should be (no, Peter Hutterer, you are completely wrong).