My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Dave Airlie airlied at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 08:50:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 02:50 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 2:41 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> >>>

> >> Another quote:
> >> "Those who want to use the computer but not have to know about it's
> >> internals should not be able to accidentally trigger it."
> >>
> >> Does this imply that people can press CTRL+ALT+Backspace accidentally??
> >>
> >> I'm speechless.
> >
> > Many people in thread here and other places like the freedesktop mailing
> > list and in http://lwn.net/Articles/327141/ have claimed to accidentally
> > tripped this key combo.  It is not that hard.
> >
> > Rahul
> >

> I really don't know what to say. It feels like the probability of
> burning my hair on the stove while sticking my foot in the freezer.
>
> Anyway, I opened a poll at fedoraforum about this:
> http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=219559
>
> I do wonder what will come out. Of course this will not reflect the
> true statistics of all Fedora userbase. It never does. But it might
> give an idea.

I noticed one of the first comments is someone who missed one of the
points of Peters work. At GDM you can still C-A-B all you want, the user
preference only takes control when you login. So in those cases where
you have gdm in the wrong resolution etc you can still quickly do it.

Its unlikely anyone minds losing their username they typed at the gdm
prompt.

Dave.