My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Apr 15 01:54:04 UTC 2009

Christopher Stone wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Christopher Stone
> <chris.stone at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Oh, come on, quit exaggerating. This is a pretty trivial issue. Grow a
>>> sense of perspective.
>
> Why do people at redhat and/or x.org seem to think the zap feature is
> trivial or unimportant or not useful?
Probably the fact it's not being used "when things just work" and is
only _necessary_ in situations of emergency/"when thinks go bizarre"

"Infrequently used" == "unnecessary"?

Some food for thought: How to quit X when X comes up but the
window-manager fails to come up?

In recent days, this has happened several times to me on FC10 (reason
yet unknown, probably somebody having messed up something related to
nis/yp, nfs, autofs). My escape: ctl-alt-bs.

Ralf