opensync downgrade to 0.22

Juha Tuomala Juha.Tuomala at iki.fi
Wed Apr 15 09:40:15 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009 01:24:08 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Juha Tuomala wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 April 2009 23:04:56 Adam Williamson wrote:

> >> contacts showed up with correct data. Some contacts had got duplicated

> > Sorry but I'm not convinced.
>
> Then, reproduce the problem and file a bug report.

I have and also hired a developer to work for one summer to implement
it. It just lacks the some code from plugin side to actually use it.

The SAME/SIMILAR issue has also been addressed with few changes in trunk.

None of those fixes will never see daylight in 0.2x which has been dead
for two years already in svn.

Shipping the 0.36 was a mistake and a good example of its consequences
was a party that started using that point-of-time API in their
project and later found out that it was just a developer snapshot
and didn't exist anymore.

Putting 0.22 back to Fedora would send same kind of wrong message
again.

Tuju

--
Varo hattupäisiä autoilijoita.