opensync downgrade to 0.22

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Apr 15 21:31:37 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:
> For Mandriva I used to have the old KDE 3.5 Kitchensync packaged, which
> was a great opensync GUI as it actually presented the module
> configurations in a nice abstracted pointy-clicky way. But we can't
> really realistically package it for Fedora 11, it'd be a pain to extract
> it from kdenetwork and build it with all the old KDE 3 deps.

* It's actually in kdepim, not kdenetwork.
* I think it would be quite feasible to package for someone sufficiently
motivated.
* I could even look into building it from the kdepim3 SRPM (which currently
builds only a compatibility libkcal).
* It might even work with the KDE 4 libopensync-plugin-kdepim given that in
my patch I use RTLD_DEEPBIND when loading the module which links to the KDE
4 libraries, so hopefully that avoids the symbol conflicts. Though that has
yet to be tested.

        Kevin Kofler