Upgrade path from F-10+update to F-11

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 22:15:12 UTC 2009

Laurent Rineau wrote:
> Unless I missed something, there is a known problem about releasing updates
> for F-10 while F-11 is frozen. The evr of the update for F-10 must be
> carrefully choosen so that there exists an upgrade path between an updated
> F-10 and F-11 (from media, without online updates).
>
> Is there a recommended way to deal with that? Are evr ending with .f10.1,
> .f10.2, and so on, are those evr a general way to deal with the upgrade path
> during the freeze of F-11 (and more generally during the freeze of rawhide)? I
> do not see any specific note about that in Packaging:NamingGuidelines on the
> wiki.

I believe that we don't guarantee an upgrade path from FN + updates to
FN+1 w/out updates.  We do want you to push updates to FN + 1 if you're
pushing higher NEVR's to FN (and bodhi should allow that now).

If you want a change only in FN, you can use the trick of adding a .X
after the %{?dist} tag.

-Toshio