opensync downgrade to 0.22

Juha Tuomala Juha.Tuomala at iki.fi
Thu Apr 16 07:39:31 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009 22:25:27 Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2009-04-15, 10:03 GMT, Juha Tuomala wrote:
> > In my opinion, we should send people to manually compile and
> > test the trunk and help the development, not to ask support for
> > dead release.
>
> i.e., there is no version in a distro, right?

Yes, drop it completely until there is actually something to distribute.
Now there is nothing.

> Or do you seriously suggest that Fedora (and other distros) are
> supposed to package stuff which even upstream maintainers are
> not willing to release?

No, I meant the latter.

> > Once 0.40 is released,
>
> Which will happen when exactly?

Last estimate I hear was this summer but the roadmap doesn't contain any
dates anymore since they slipped too often. The good news is that
API is about done, there shouldn't be many changes to it:

http://www.opensync.org/ticket/1087 bricks is working on this.
http://www.opensync.org/ticket/1105
http://www.opensync.org/ticket/1106

these two last ones were new discoveries and need to be fixed until
API gets frozen.

IMO the few people who actually can make it happen, should now
be given time to focus to the release and if any, to help them by
testing.

Tuju

--
Varo hattupäisiä autoilijoita.