evolution junk mail doesn't go to junk folder right away

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 20 13:45:03 UTC 2009

Mike Chambers wrote:
> Wanted to see if it was just me or if anyone else was having this
> problem.  And one thing wanted to add, is I always restore a previous
> outlook profile (using the backup/restore methods of evo) when I do
> fresh install.
>
> Anyway, the problem I see is, if I have a single email in my inbox, and
> I hit the junk button, it doesn't go away right then and there.
> Actually not sure if it even goes away at all if I just waited.
And the duration you waited = ?

> usually have to click on another folder, go back and click on the inbox
> to see if it's gone.  And even at that, most of the time I have a
> message bout the email not being able to be viewed/read or whatever, and
> have to click on another folder and inbox again to see it gone.  But
> with multiple emails, if you junk them, they go away.  It's just the
> last one that causes the problem.  And I swear I have seen this before,
> just can't remember how long ago.
As a tester, you probably could have noted what distro-release and
evo-release you are seeing this with, and whether this issue has only
just started to occur. (and it sounds more like a fedora-test or fedora
list query). You also didn't mention whether you searched bugzilla, and
or evolution bugzilla, so I'd suggest perusing those before continuing
discussion on one of the aforementioned lists.

Cheers,

DaveT.